GoingVC is hiring a part-time Community & Outreach Associate in San Francisco to join its rapidly expanding team.
The individual hired for the role will be primarily tasked with:
Leading GoingVC sponsored events and meetups in San Francisco – GVC is currently in the process of building out a robust offering of live networking events for our members and alumni. The Community & Outreach Associate will be in charge of planning, scheduling, and managing these events, as well as continuing to build out GVC’s offerings over time.
Specific Responsibilities Will Include:
- Speaking with investors, industry-experts, and other possible collaborators about potential events and programming on behalf of GoingVC
- Providing thought leadership on strategy and best practices as they relate to events
- Growing and maintaining GoingVC’s network of potential event partners and sponsors
- Representing GoingVC at the events and meetups we host
- Promoting the events to the GoingVC community as well as the greater VC ecosystem
** Note **
GoingVC is in the midst of a period of rapid growth, and thus, as with any startup, this role and its responsibilities are likely to shift and/or expand over time.
Who We’re Looking For
GoingVC is a fast-moving, quickly expanding startup, and can sometimes have the chaotic atmosphere to prove it.
With this in mind, successful candidates for the part-time Community & Outreach Associate position should be able to check many of the following boxes:
- You do what you say you’re going to do, when you say you are going to do it
- You are a strong networker and already have a good deal of contacts in the VC industry
- You know what it takes to manage large groups of people
- You are comfortable with public speaking
- You live in the San Francisco Bay Area
- You are very detail-oriented and organized
- You’re comfortable working independently and remotely – and know what this feels like
- You have an entrepreneurial mentality and aren’t afraid to challenge varying ideas and opinions with your own
- You’re a clear, crisp communicator and value brevity in your conversations
- You have at least a minimal understanding of the Venture Capital field
- You are able to adapt on the fly and handle unforeseen developments with ease
- You are extremely polite and responsive – (this is super important, as you will be representing GoingVC in many different correspondences with VC investors and other professionals)
- You’re familiar with business productivity tools such as Trello, Slack, and Microsoft Office
Why Work With Us?
At GoingVC, you’ll join a growing team of ambitious entrepreneurs with a collective background that spans world-class venture capital funds, premier software firms, and well-known tech startups.
Moreover, you’ll have opportunities to:
- Be a prominent voice in the GoingVC community as you oversee and develop much of our publically facing offerings and events
- Gain access to GVC’s extensive network of VC investors and industry professionals, and interact with them on a weekly basis
- Be a key driver of an early-stage startup’s growth and innovation, and make decisions that will be integral to GoingVC’s long-term development
- Sit in on weekly video chats and hangouts with investors at many of the world’s top venture capital funds
- Become a member of GoingVC’s growing alumni network which includes many young professionals entering the VC industry
- Gain invaluable experience as an early employee at an early-stage startup
…And much more!