GoingVC is hiring a remote, part-time Software Engineer to join its rapidly expanding team.
The individual hired for this role will be primarily tasked with:
- Building out GoingVCs tech stack
- Demonstrating solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments, and clear code
- Preparing and installing solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming
- Designing, developing, testing, deploying, maintaining and improving software
- Managing individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Creating backend solutions for GoingVC members and alumni to access course materials
- Brainstorming with GVC’s core team about different ways to integrate technical solutions and make the program more streamlined/efficient
** Note **
GoingVC is in the midst of a period of rapid growth, and thus, as with any startup, this role and its responsibilities are likely to shift and/or expand over time.
Who We’re Looking For
GoingVC is a fast-moving, quickly expanding startup, and can sometimes have the chaotic atmosphere to prove it.
With this in mind, successful candidates for the part-time Software Engineer position should be able to check many of the following boxes:
Experience With The Following Is A Plus:
- Experience building back-end systems using Python and other languages (C, C#, Java a plus) in a startup or big tech environment
- Extensive experience using public cloud platforms, including leveraging both IaaS and PaaS services
- Experience working with two or more of the following: web application development, Unix/Linux environments, mobile application development, distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, information retrieval, natural language processing, networking, developing large software systems, and/or security software development.
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Managing engineering projects or teams of engineers in a startup or big tech environment
- Experience with agile development methods
- Experience with front-end development, including mobile apps and frameworks
- Advanced degree in computer science or similar
Nice To Haves:
- You do what you say you are going to do, when you say you are going to do it
- You are very detail-oriented
- You’re comfortable working independently and remotely – and know what this feels like
- You’re a clear, crisp communicator and value brevity in your conversations
- You have at least a minimal understanding of the Venture Capital field
- You are able to adapt on the fly and handle unforeseen developments with ease
- You are extremely polite and responsive
- You’re somewhat familiar with business productivity tools such as Trello, Slack, and Microsoft Office
Why Work With Us?
At GoingVC, you’ll join a growing team of ambitious entrepreneurs with a collective background that spans world-class venture capital funds, premier software firms, and well-known tech startups.
Moreover, you’ll have opportunities to:
- Have significant control over how the GoingVC program interacts with its participants
- Build on your software engineering skills by controlling and owning projects from start to finish
- Operate in a managerial position with full autonomy to make executive decisions alongside GVC’s core team
- Gain access to GVC’s extensive network of VC investors and industry professionals, and interact with them on a weekly basis
- Be a key driver of an early-stage startup’s growth and innovation, and make decisions that will be integral to GoingVC’s long-term development
- Sit in on weekly video chats and hangouts with investors at many of the world’s top venture capital funds
- Become a member of GoingVC’s growing alumni network which includes many young professionals entering the VC industry
- Gain invaluable experience as an early employee at an early-stage startup
…And much more!
Interested candidates should click this link to apply.