GoingVC is hiring a part-time Special Projects Associate to join its rapidly expanding team. The individual hired for the role will be tasked with a wide and varying range of tasks including:
Writing and Editing – You’ll be involved in helping the GoingVC Content Team create and edit newsletters, blog posts, job postings, social media, and other content that gets shared with GVC’s growing network
Operations – The GVC tech stack includes several SaaS tools, including email marketing software (MadMimi), a dedicated website (WordPress), and productivity tools such as Trello and Slack. You’ll help in managing these things. And yes, it’s okay if you haven’t used all (or any) of these tools before. You just need to be able to learn them quickly.
Event Planning and Management – If you’re the low woman or man on the totem pole at a firm, chances are you’ll get roped into some event management. You’ll get some practice at this by working with GoingVC as we build out new meetups and VC-related events for our members across the country. The bonus here is that this will ends up create good networking opportunities for you as well.
Product Development – GoingVC is a rapidly expanding startup and is developing a wide-range of offerings for its members. You’ll likely have your hand in many, if not all these projects.
Assisting The GVC Team – You will directly answer to GoingVC’s Program Manager and Partners, and ensure anything they need to have done, gets done. And don’t worry, this doesn’t mean you’ll be a secretary – but you’ll be tasked with a variety of different projects on an ad hoc basis
** Note **
GoingVC is in the midst of a period of rapid growth, and thus, as with any startup, this role and its responsibilities are likely to shift and/or expand over time.
Who We’re Looking For
GoingVC is a fast-moving, quickly expanding startup, and can sometimes have the chaotic atmosphere to prove it.
With this in mind, successful candidates for the part-time Special Projects Associate position should be able to check many of the following boxes:
- You do what you say you are going to do, when you say you are going to do it
- You are an exceptional content writer – and can prove this with blog posts, published articles, etc.
- You are very detail-oriented
- You are extremely social media savvy
- You’re comfortable working independently and remotely – and know what this feels like
- You have an entrepreneurial mentality and aren’t afraid to challenge varying ideas and opinions with your own
- You’re a clear, crisp communicator and value brevity in your conversations
- You are able to adapt on the fly and handle unforeseen developments with ease
- You are extremely polite and responsive – (this is super important, as you will be representing GoingVC in many different correspondences with VC investors and other professionals)
- You’re somewhat familiar with business productivity tools such as Trello, Slack, and Microsoft Office
- Minimal experience in VC is appreciated but in no way required
Why Work With Us?
At GoingVC, you’ll join a growing team of ambitious entrepreneurs with a collective background that spans world-class venture capital funds, premier software firms, and well-known tech startups.
Moreover, you’ll have opportunities to:
- Have a hand in all aspects of GoingVC’s business, and grow your experience in a variety of disciplines
- Interact with many, if not all of the GVC team on a daily basis
- Gain access to GVC’s extensive network of VC investors and industry professionals, and interact with them on a weekly basis
- Be a key driver of an early-stage startup’s growth and innovation, and make decisions that will be integral to GoingVC’s long-term development
- Sit in on weekly video chats and hangouts with investors at many of the world’s top venture capital funds
- Become a member of GoingVC’s growing alumni network which includes many young professionals entering the VC industry
- Gain invaluable experience as an early employee at an early-stage startup
…And much more!
Interested candidates should click this link to apply.