Why Platforms Are Taking Off
Platform businesses are those where value is created through the interaction among it’s users – and where VC investment has intensified in recent years as web-enabled market places have grown. How do you define platforms, what competitive advantages do these have over other business models, what key trends are developing in the space, and what steps are critical for due diligence on platform-based investment opportunities?
- What is a platform business?
- The unique advantages of the platform model
- Marketplace valuations
- “Network Orchestrators” – what they are and how they’re valued
- How Machine Learning and AI play a role in platforms
- Marketplace Models and Examples
- OpenDoor and Blablacar Case Studies
Ready for more VC research, insights, and news? Subscribe to our newsletter to ensure you don’t miss out on more content!