Want to build a career in venture capital?
GoingVC was purposefully built to give you a deep understanding of venture capital fundamentals, access to a strong VC community, real-world investment experience, and access to more opportunities to help you land your dream job in venture capital.
To date, 51.4% of GoingVC members either have worked or are currently working in VC, an accelerator program, or venture studio when starting their cohort, or have found such work after their cohort began.
See our success statistics here.
Why join GoingVC?
Decades of collective experience in the VC and startup world drove how we’ve built the GoingVC Program – around five pillars that we know are collectively the most important for you to focus on as you grow your venture capital career.
The Five Pillars
Regardless of your background, our 16-week curriculum is designed to give you a much deeper understanding of the VC industry, as well as the practical skillset you need to be confident working in the field. It includes:
- 16 week program focused on VC fundamentals
- VC and industry lectures
- Development of your investment thesis
We believe the best way to learn is by doing. As a member of GoingVC, you’ll have a chance to participate in our Investor Program with GoingVC Partners. This allows you to do the job of a VC Associate before you have the job.
- Source & diligence real world startup deals
- Pitch opportunities to an investment committee
- Join the process of deploying capital into startups
A majority of GoingVC members enter our program with one goal in mind, to land a role in venture capital. Our dedicated career services team will provide you with as much support as possible to help you reach that goal.
- Access to exclusive job opportunities
- Matched with VC roles that fit their goals
- Assistance with resumes and interviews
Our members and alumni tell us the best part of the GoingVC program is the community. It includes some of the best and brightest in their fields, and their consistent help can significantly position you for success.
- Tap into exponential success
- Become part of a like-minded peer group with a singular goal
- Gain support from our tight-knit alumni network
The external GoingVC network is vast and includes VC pros from all over the world. As a member of the program, you’ll have opportunities to interact with many of them, forming relationships that will last your entire career.
- Grow your VC network over time
- Participate in video calls with active investors
- Strengthen relationships with VCs through our membership program
An Introduction to GVC
Venture Capital Basics
The VC Interviewing and Hiring Process
Due Diligence Overview
Joining the Investor Program
Business Models and Key Metrics
Financial Modeling and Due Diligence
D&I and Founder Empathy in VC
Cap Tables and Valuation Methods
Company Building & Portfolio Company Management
The Anatomy of an Exit
Raising a Fund